Sunday, February 1, 2009

Slow Start

I've been fighting a cold for the last 4 days but I've been pushing through. Yesterday was our orientation and weigh in for the challenge and today was the first official day of the contest - and I was laid up in bed sick - the cold hit hard. Good news...I got lots of sleep and didn't eat much, bad news I missed the first day of working out :( I will meet with Rocky tomorrow morning, he is the Porterville team's trainer, and he will work out with me and give me what he wants me to work on for the rest of the week. I did work out last night, did some simple cardio so I did get a little tiny exercise. Anyway, it begins tomorrow, I'm a day behind, but I've got to be careful not to push to hard with the goal of making up time, I just have to focus on the day, work out with Rocky in the morning, keep my eating journal, and ask the Holy Spirit, to keep showing me His Love, when I want to feel sorry for myself. Many of you that are reading these blogs, applied to this contest and I owe it to you too, to not focus on what has happened, but to focus on today

Math. 6:34 - "So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

Casting Crowns
"God Is With Us"

The skies don't seem to be as dark as usual
The stars seem brighter then they've been before
Deep within I feel my soul a stirring
As though my hope has been restored
The shepherds say they've heard the voice of angels
Confirming rumors spread across the land
That a child protected well from Herod's anger
Is our Father's Son, and the son of man

Love is raining down on the world tonight
There's a presence here I can tell
God is in us, God is for us, God is with us, Emmanuel
He's the Savior we have been praying for
In our humble hearts He will dwell
God is in us, God is for us, God is with us, Emmanuel

I feel compelled to tell all who will listen
That peace on earth is not so out of reach
If we can find grace, mercy and forgiveness
He has come to save, He is all of these

You're the Savior we have been praying for
In our humble hearts You will dwell
You are in us, You are for us, You are with us, Emmanuel

No comments:

Post a Comment