Monday, March 9, 2009

Forgive me Father...

For I have, if not sinned, at least strayed. It has been 6 weeks since my last soda, but Friday night my wife and I went out to dinner and I was soooo tired I needed caffeine, at least thought I did, and I'm not a big coffee drinker unless it has mocha and whip attached to it, and tea does nothing for me...so, yes, I had a diet Pepsi(insert circle R here). I know, I know, I already feel bad enough...but oh man was it good! It was insanely sweet, but there was that initial eye watering rush when you gulp the first drink from a carbonated beverage- ok I need to stop talking about it now.

This past week was insanely weird. Only got to work out 3 times, the food I ate was ok but not great and a couple of times it was not good at all; but I'm back on the wagon today, oatmeal for breakfast, chicken breast and veggies for lunch, nothing but water to drink again, some mid-day fruit or yogurt for snacks and as soon as I hit the Publish Post button I'm off to the gym. I haven't weighed myself since the elimination weigh in but after this past week, I'm going to put it off for at least another week. Pants do feel a bit baggier, shirts aren't as snug and other than the dreaded Pepsi (insert circle R) debacle night, I haven't felt tired...I take that back, we went to a prayer meeting Saturday night and didn't get home till almost 3a.m. and then of course there was time change, so I was tired Sunday, but that was due to lack of sleep, not being unhealthy.

For the rest of you keep it up, I'm enjoying keeping up on how you are doing thru your blogs and I see my teamates now and again at the gym and say hi. Missy and Lynn invited me to a Zumba class with them last week but I was so crunched for time it was all I could do to get an hour of workout in rather than my usual hour and a half, oh well, maybe next time.

1 comment:

  1. Zumba...Thursday night...5:30-6:30...Missy & I should be there. Keep on keepin' on!

    ReplyDelete