Thursday, March 5, 2009

Back in the saddle

Well, I said I was going to continue on and I have...several days later... :(
Didn't work out Sunday; Monday was all kaflooie, was supposed to have a meeting with a parent and it got canceled then we had a 4H meeting and then, and then...
Tuesday is church night for us, so no time. Finally, Wednesday, oh beautiful Wednesday; oh, and by the way I twisted my ankle Tuesday, which didn't bother me after I "walked it off", seriously, it didn't, but Tuesday night when we got back home from church and I took my shoes and socks off, it was all, you know, purply and a bit swollen, but it didn't hurt...weird. So Wednesday, I'm going to the gym and wondering if my ankle will give me any trouble, but it didn't, so it was a good hour and a half workout :)

I also had a Dr.'s appointment Wednesday morning- this was to follow up on some lab work I had done a month ago, yes, before the contest started. I had...get ready for it....high cholesterol levels *gasp*!!! But now its a month later, I've changed my diet, started working out, and all the Dr. told me to do for now(a month ago) was start taking Niacin (vitamin B3 - talk to your Dr to see if this is right for you, but it is a water soluable vitamin- my Dr. has me personally taking 1500mg/day). Anyway, its a month later and results of new blood work are in and my total cholesterol dropped 30 points, my LDL(bad cholesterol) dropped from high risk to borderline and my triglycerides dropped a whopping 100 points! I'm still high, but in just a month I went from very bad to just bad! Praise God. I know others in the contest have said that their Doctors have taken them off or reduced medications they were on also.

Just think, the money you put into gym fees may be paid for by being taken off medications, or at the very least offset the cost some...and it all starts with you stopping reading my blog and go to the gym. Yes the hard part is getting up, but once you get there, you're committed, no not that type of committed, but their are those of my co-workers who think I should be, but not for working out...well that's another blog ;)

1 comment:

  1. I actually can't wait until my next check-up to find out if I can stop taking my Zocor. That would be awesome. I take Niacin as well, though only 500 mg. And you're right, getting in the door is half the battle.

    Keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete