Monday, March 2, 2009

Its Official

Well they announced this morning on KDUV the first round of eliminations and I was one of them. Does that make me a loser Loser? Double negative? Remember in math when they taught you that a negative and a negative, when multiplied together make a positive? Well that's how I'm looking at it, not the addition where 2 negatives added together make a bigger negative, because that would mean I'm going to gain weight now; and I don't want to do the subtraction rule because then I'd be at zero, right where I started...so yeah, I'm going for the multiplication rule...a positive.

Dale asked what I was doing this morning, when they announced my name as Porterville's first eliminated team member and being bummed already and in a negative frame of mind from being eliminated, I took it personally, like he was accusing me of slacking...but then my bassett hound jumped on me and licked me like he was trying to console me, but he really just wanted to play, but I was looking for consoling so I convinced myself that's what it was about...anyway, I got over the little pity party, and I know Dale wasn't intending it to sound like how I took it at first, he was trying to sound encouraging, in his own Scrabble rule deficent sort of way ;)

2 comments:

  1. I'm bummed that you're out! I was bummed that our team was going to be down to 4. I know that you've got momentum & motivation to continue. I'm thankful that all of us were able to participate in this live changing competition. I know that your family is thankful that you'll be around longer because of this (well maybe not ALL of the time-I'm sure you drive them a little crazy once in a while-ha ha!). Looking forward to seeing a skinnier you the next time that I see you. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep with it Scott!! I hope to read many a blog on your continuing journey.

    ReplyDelete